My Blog List

Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Go see the doctor...


Peace family, your boy has no medical insurance, so when I need to see the doc I gotta take my ass down to the free clinic and come up out the pocket with a fresh $20 for the county. So I'm in the clinic early this morning trying to beat the rush but no success. The clinic is already full and so I have to sit in the overflow seating in the hallway, at the other end of which is the welfare office, which is also bursting out into the overflow seating. The cast of characters in the hallway was both hilarious and depressing, a fish tank of the worst my town has to offer. Fam, it looked the bar scene from star wars ( the first one or the fourth one depending on how you see it). Any middle class racist would have every ethnic and class stereotype he holds confirmed within 30 seconds. Black brotha's wyln' the fuk out, Mexican chicks with their five year olds sitten in strollers, Gay dudes polishing their nails, the teenage chick with two babies sitting near me's conversation on her cell " yea, who dis? oh what's up dough, I gotta bottle a patron last night I didn't even open yet, we can get on that when I get back, tell mama to call me when she wake up" ( it's 11:30 at this point). The part that's really wack is that when I leave, I'm gonna encounter the same ish, just not quite as concentrated. These are the people who roam the streets and shadowy cuts where I live. As I already said in another post, my town which is already broke ( the city actually declared bankruptcy) is getten it's pockets turned inside out on the daily. They strip this town like dope fiends strip vac ants of copper wire. The latest victim was a barber who was a pillar of the community ( see preceding post.) In addition to the economy's downturn which made things go from bad to worse here, another problem is that there is nobody here trying to teach knowledge of self from any perspective. There is an Immigrant Muslim community made up of the usual engineers, liqueur store owners etc...but you know they make no overtures to the hood. There is a Warith Deen community that's about ten deep and always struggling to keep a place for Jumah prayer and then there are the numerous store front "Jesus saves" churches. But no 5%, no NOI, no Rastas, no revolutionary Malcolm inspired sunni's. In other words no one to teach a spirituality based on knowledge of self and dealing with life from the view point of the Khalifa. or " The maker, owner, cream of the planet earth." I know all these groups espouse very different points of view, dont always even like each other or get along. I also know that the mere presence of these groups would not cuase a complete overhaul of the socio-economic order, but at least it would provide people, ecpecially the youth, access to information to change their paradigm. To see themselves as God, Ras, Khalifa ect..Your boy has been overwhelmed maintaining his own, but InshaAllah will soon be on his jobs of teaching the youths and anyone else who wants to know, who they really are and what they are capable of...Peace...

No comments: